"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." ~ Charles W. Eliot
***
"This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook - try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!" ~ Julia Child
***
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." ~ Louisa May Alcott

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Plum Pudding Murder

Plum Pudding Murder (Book) ~ Joanne Fluke (Author) Cover Art


What better combination is there than a cozy community, cats, capers, Christmas and cookies in a mystery? I set aside my regular list of books to read for some Christmas themed books. I always enjoy visiting Hannah at The Cookie Jar to see what kind of scrapes she gets into now.

Hannah is supplying cookies to a Christmas themed park called The Crazy Elf Tree Lot. All seems well and her cookies are selling out so fast that she has to increase the deliveries in the midst of the rush of 10 days counting to Christmas. But when she delivers her latest creation, Minnesota Plum Pudding, to the owner Larry to taste test one evening, she and Norman discover his dead body instead. Hannah happens to discover that a friend is married to Larry although she had not seen him in 15 years. She decides she must do whatever she can to ensure Nancy will not be blamed for Larry's death.

And one aspect of the book that I really adore is Moishe...Hannah's beloved cat. Well, what can I say? I am a cat lover! Norman decides that Hannah needs a Christmas tree this year. The tree is bought and set up but for how long? Moishe has a whole Christmas adventure of his own.

A fun and light read for the month of December!

Happy reading!
Heidi

5 comments:

Julie said...

Now that sounds like my kind of book.

Rosie said...

I like visiting Hannah at the Cookie Jar too and I love Moishe! I think I've read the first five books so far and that reminds me I haven't read one for quite some time. This one looks entertaining:)

Nancy said...

All of her books are so good. Probably new ones out now that I haven't bought. I have a hard time buying regular books now since I got the Nook.
Happy reading.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Heidi, I love this series-a little simple and redundant writing style-but I like the setup and escape. There is always something amiss that Hannah has to solve. I started collecting these books a few years ago. I love the Christmas and winter settings and I would love to be Hannah! Thanks for this. Hope all is well with you. Take care!

Joni CHL said...

I love her books!