"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." ~ Charles W. Eliot
***
"This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook - try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!" ~ Julia Child
***
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." ~ Louisa May Alcott

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Potato and spring onion salad

I tried this potato salad recipe from the British Country Living Magazine (May 2012). It is so good and will be one I make often. Here is my version of this salad...


Potato and spring onion salad
600 gr small potatoes (washed and cook with skins)
1 onion, chopped (I used a red onion)
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 spring onions, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons créme fraíche
1/2 teaspoon mustard
pinch of sugar

Cook the potatoes and cut them up in large chunks. Sauté the onion in olive oil just until it starts to go translucent. All the spring onion just just a minute longer and then add the potatoes.

Mix the 3 tbsp olive oil with the vinegar, créme fraíche, mustard and sugar. Now season with freshly ground sea salt and pepper. Toss the potato/onion mixture into the sauce and mix thoroughly.

Eet smakelijk!
Heidi

2 comments:

Susan in SC said...

My favorite! This looks so good!

Nancy said...

Okay, one ingredient we don't get. It looks good and I know you loved it.
You will have to try it when I am there ago.
Love you, Mom