"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." ~ Charles W. Eliot
***
"This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook - try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!" ~ Julia Child
***
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." ~ Louisa May Alcott

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Amish Knitting Circle

Amish Knitting Circle- Beginnings

This is the first of a series by Karen Anna Vogel. It was described as written in the style of The Pickwick Papers in a series. I borrowed this one from my mother's Nook and really enjoyed it. It is very short and leaves you wishing the complete book was there before your eyes to read if you are a fan of Amish fiction.

Granny Weaver is spinning the wool from her six sheep one afternoon when she decides to set up a knitting circle. Inviting the women in her community that she is praying for, in this first volume, you meet the various Amish women.

Happy reading!
Heidi

6 comments:

DebbieSFL said...

Happy New Year Heidi!! And I just wanted to thank you for all of the great books that you recommend. I have a nook and I am going to look these up.

Elizabethd said...

I enjoy Anna Vogels books very much, Heidi.
Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year.

Jenny said...

Happy New Year Heidi! This sounds like a good book so I will have to look it up on my Nook. Hugs from CA.

Julie said...

Will have to look out for this, sounds like my kind of book.

Trish said...

It sounds like a sweet story. I know what you mean by short stories sometimes being TOO short. If they're really good they leave you wanting more.

Nancy said...

I was not happy that book was so short. I wonder if the rest of them are also like that.
Love Mom