"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." ~ Charles W. Eliot
***
"This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook - try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!" ~ Julia Child
***
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." ~ Louisa May Alcott

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Julia Child's 100th birthday!

100e Geboortedag Julia Child

How fun to wake up to seeing this header on Google today. It is because Julia Child is 100 years old today. Did you know that her kitchen is at the Smithsonian for all to see? See...I want that kitchen for my own. *grins*



If you want to see more check out the link at the museum and wonder around this creative kitchen yourself online.
My Life in France
In the meantime, maybe I should start reading this book today in honor of Julia or perhaps I will watch the movie Julie & Julia or perhaps I will just pop into my kitchen and be really creative for dinner.....

Bon appetit or eet smakelijk!
Heidi

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Well, I'm sure you will make something just as good as she could in your own very nice kitchen.
I will try to see this if I go to Washington DC again, but have no plans to do that anytime soon.
They still have her shows on from time to time on PBS in reruns.
Happy Cooking
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I saw that this am. What a lady! And, what a kitchen. Sure miss her. She was a gem. Thanks for those nice comments, Heidi. I know if you decide to cook in honor of Julia, whatever you make will be delicious. Take care!

Julie said...

Such a beautiful kitchen

Maggie said...

I wondered what that Google header was all about, lol.

Great kitchen, have you watched the film Julie and Julia? very entertaining, she was a character, and if that is Julia's voice on the link you gave Meryl Streep did an excellent job in playing her :-)

Rosie said...

I saw the google header yesterday and went onto amazon and read a few of the book pages that were available, I found it very entertaining - I loved the film! Thanks for the link to the Museum and the kitchen - what a wonderful place to work in:)

Melanie said...

Did you make Beef Bourguignon?! I love the movie, Julie and Julia. One of my favorites. The book wasn't very good though.