"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." ~ Charles W. Eliot
***
"This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook - try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!" ~ Julia Child
***
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." ~ Louisa May Alcott

Monday, June 25, 2012

Christmas book tips

The Bells of Christmas

The Bells of Christmas by Virginia Hamilton is a story of Christmas in Ohio in 1890. The Bell family are preparing for Christmas day. A day that never seems to come to young Jason. But come it does with a covering of snow. The family celebrations can begin...

Christmas Won't Wait (Eve Tharlet)
Christmas Won't Wait by Eve Tharlet is a great gift this Christmas for young and old. A fun and whimsical story about Arthur who makes the gifts for Santa. This year he is far behind but, of course, Christmas won't wait! 

Happy reading!
Heidi

4 comments:

Nancy said...

what a nut, you are never going to grow up. I have been non stop reading my Nook. I found some bargain Barbara Delinsky books now.
I love bargains.
Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

These look like good reads. I love Christmas and who cares if we grow up :)? It is all about the young at heart... Heidi, take care and thanks for the lovely comments!

DonnaTN said...

I love Christmas books! I always seem to run out of time at Christmas to read them so I think reading them all year helps keep Christmas in the heart all year too.

Susan in SC said...

I love holiday books and especially Christmas books!