"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." ~ Charles W. Eliot
***
"This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook - try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!" ~ Julia Child
***
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." ~ Louisa May Alcott

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Daily Life in a Victorian House


I am working on making space in my bookshelves by reading some books that have been there for a longer period of time. I picked up this book which I bought from a museum in England by The National Trust. It is a look into the life of The Smiths who live in London. It shows life in detail both upstairs and downstairs. There are timelines of many of the things that happened with innovations during this time period. A small book packed with lots of fun facts and social history!

Happy reading!
Heidi

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Not my kind of reading, but I bet you will really like it. Love the cover.

Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Heidi;

Glad you so enjoyed this read. Nice review.

Gayla

Annie said...

I think that, If I had found this book, I'd have bought it !

Nan said...

My husband is now reading Bill Bryson's At Home, which sounds a bit like this one.