"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." ~ Charles W. Eliot
***
"This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook - try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!" ~ Julia Child
***
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." ~ Louisa May Alcott

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Stuffed and baked peaches.....



Each week, a friend and I lunch together. One week at her house and one at mine. We both have fun trying out recipes on each other. I decided to create this dessert and wanted to note it in my blog as it turned out really well. My stuffed and baked peaches...

I crushed about 8 speculoos (Belgian version of our Dutch windmill cookies) cookies in a bowl then sprinkled a heaping tablespoon of cocoa powder over the large cookie crumbs.


Rub in two knobs of butter with fingers. You want a large crumble look. 


I had a jar of whole peaches but you can use halves as well. Fresh peaches would work too but you may need to bake them longer. Stuff the hole of the peach well with the crumble filling. Place them in a baking dish and sprinkle over some honey. Bake in an 180C/375F oven for about 25 minutes. 


Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and chocolate mocca beans or chocolate flakes. 

Note: I had so much filling that I was able to make 12 peaches total. You can make the filling and keep in a jar in the fridge to use as you need it. 


Eet smakelijk!
Heidi

5 comments:

Nancy said...

That looks so yummy. Okay you can make me some we when I am there. Add it to my list lol. It keeps growing Love you, mom

Elizabethd said...

Delicious! I have done a similar recipe using almond flavoured biscuits. Anything with peaches is good!

Julie said...

That looks delicious.

Patricia said...

I must say I was at a loss as to what dessert to make for an upcoming dinner party and this fits the bill perfectly. It looks gorgeous Heidi. P x

Florence said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.