"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." ~ Charles W. Eliot
***
"This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook - try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!" ~ Julia Child
***
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." ~ Louisa May Alcott

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mistletoe Murder

Mistletoe Murder (Lucy Stone Mysteries)

I have finished reading my first seasonal themed book for the coming holiday season. I was in the mood for something with talk of Christmas so grabbed this book which is in my stack of books to read before the end of 2011....Mistletoe Murder by Leslie Meier.

Lucy Stone is a busy wife and mother who works evenings at a mail order company called Country Cousins in Tinker's Cove, Maine. While taking a break, she discovers her boss dead in his car. She works to create a perfect Christmas for her family while also working with local police officer Barney Culpepper to find the killer before the killer finds them.

This books was building up excitement and suddenly it was ending. I think it must be a sign of being good although I would have liked more. I enjoyed meeting Lucy Stone in this first book of the series. I want to spend time this year making space for new books but the next in the series will be on my list for 2012.

Happy reading!
Heidi

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good one. I don't know if I'm quite ready to read Christmas themed books yet, but I'll put it on my list for later this month. I've been reading a lot of mysteries lately.

Joni CHL said...

Sounds good. On one hand, I'm disgusted with the Christmas commercials on TV and stations playing Christmas music, but on the other hand - I'm getting excited :) I so love your blogs Heidi.
Joni CHL

Nan said...

I read this years ago, and actually went on a bit of a LM marathon. I loved some, and didn't care for others so much. I found there were sometimes discrepancies in the ages of the children from book to book.