"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." ~ Charles W. Eliot
***
"This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook - try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!" ~ Julia Child
***
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." ~ Louisa May Alcott

Monday, November 11, 2013

At Home on Ladybug Farm

6571496

I picked this book up to read as I thought it would be fun while we were having a new and special wood floor put in our house. I was not disappointed. I loved the first book in this series called A Year on Ladybug Farm but this book was even better!

We are back on Ladybug Farm one year after the life changing decision was made to make this move. Cici, Bridget and Lindsay are still restoring the 100 year old house and farm. But this household is growing. Cici's daughter has left college and moved in. She wants to make a contribution to the farm and continue life there instead of going back to college. Lindsay has taken on fostering Noah who was camping out in the folly on the farm. He is now a part of the household and living in the house. Noah is not used to sticking around and family life. Throw in a pet deer, a flock of sheep with a possessed sheepdog and the hilarious housekeeper Ida Mae to make life on this farm always surprising and fun to read about.

This time we are able to glimpse into the story of the past on Blackwell Farm which was the original name of the farm. This past is becoming slowly visible during renovations. The discoveries are becoming better as they go along. And yes...I am being a little cryptic as I do not want to give anything away. If you love books about homes, history and family-village life, you will not be disappointed by this book. Be sure to read the first book before starting on this one though.

I am going to be ordering the third book now and am looking forward to my next visit to the farm!

Happy reading!
Heidi

5 comments:

Catherine said...

I think I will have to look for these!!!

Nancy said...

This sounds like a good one. I just finished a couple books on my Nook. I am trying to read what I have on it since I am now waiting for my new Kindle Fire to arrive via Fed Ex from Amazon. Can't wait to see all it can do. My Nook is only a reader and yes, email too, but this one is supposed to do much more, even Skype.
Love you, Mom

Patricia said...

Sounds like a lovely set of books Heidi which I'll have to look out for. Thank you for your comments on my Graduation and Emma's birthday, they were much appreciated. Hope you are well.
Patricia x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Heidi,
I've just found your interesting blog and as I love books I will try and keep up with you. I looked this book up on amazon and it sounds really good so I will add it to my growing pile of must reads. Thanks for a great blog.

Julie said...

Another one to tell my ladies at the Book Borrowers group about, the list of things we hope to read is getting to be very long!